Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More Swimming!!!


Well, as I sit here and write I am getting over the flu bug. I never really get the flu and this was only a 36 hour event, but I hated every minute of it. Body aches and fever are not what an athlete wants; sitting around not working out are miserable times for me. But sometimes the body just needs a break and so it is what it is. As you know I have been the volunteer assistant coach for the Lady Vols swimming and diving team and last week we were in Alabama for SEC Championships. I have been a runner my whole life and to understand swimming and see these athletes perform was amazing. These were some of the best swimmers in the world, and our own Lady Vols made a splash. I have been a part of this team, seen them grow into amazing women and to see them come together to have one of the best meets in Lady Vol history was an honor. I witnessed a senior swim one of the fastest 200 times in history and then witnessed a freshman swim like she was a senior. This team performed one great race after another and I was just honored to be a part of what they did. I learned a lot from these women, they dug deep and as swimming has been my most difficult, I will remember this past week and take it with me as I move ever so close to my race season. Thanks Lady Vols!!! You have been an inspiration to me and I thank you for letting me be a part of your life this past year. Dream Big!!!

No comments: