Saturday, February 16, 2008

Can We Please Get Some Warm Weather?!?!


Well, last weekend was great weather and I rode 3 hours and then ran 5 miles off the bike, but dang was it windy. But, then this week we had highs in the 30s, would just like it if say 65-70 all the time oh, wait that's southern California, ummm. Then on Sunday ran 13, I got a chance to be apart of something cool, Dan Holbrook, an estate attorney in town, is a client of mine and Sunday the 10th was his birthday and so for his 60th birthday he decides to run 60 miles, heck why not right? I thought he was crazy but he is amazing, and so I ran and part of my run was on the UT track with Dan while he was running 60, way to go Dan. This week has been another good week in the pool with UT assistant swim coach Jen Arndt, she hasn't been swimming much but was an All-American at Michigan and get is and still kicks my butt, but hey that's what I want it I expect to get better. Andrew Huck, who is my soul mate, and I have been working hard to try to get some gear and have a bike jersey made with a number of logos on it, if you interested in putting yours on let me know ASAP. Andrew and I have got lots of dreams we share together and without someone like him in my corner, I don't know if I could do this. Thanks wingman! I struggle a lot with this journey, for I also have a business that I could grow and do a few things with, like open a gym, but the more I concentrate on what I want which is to train full-time the more I come alive and so it is imperative that I stay focused on what I want and not on a bunch of "what ifs" for in life there are times when looking fear straight in the face is really the best teacher one can have. Till we meet again. Dream Big!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay true to your dream. Southern California will have perfect weather for you....ALL the time!!

Anonymous said...

Train now. Open a gym later. There's plenty of time for that.