Thursday, April 10, 2008

In the Books!!!


Well the first race is in the record books. It was a Duathlon, which is a run bike run. We ran 3 biked 15 ran 3. Last week was an unusual week, on Friday I was doing a track workout, feeling great when I cramped and cramped bad. This does not happen to me so I was either lacking in fluids or sleep, but I went to the cold tank, which you submerge yourself in water at 55 degrees, and drank a lot of Gatorade. Fell like trash the rest of the day then did a 45 mile bike ride of Saturday and a swim. Going into the race there was no pop in the legs I was a little worried but felt that I would be ok. The race started and I took it out from the start, there was a guy with me till the 11/2 mark and then I was alone the rest of the day. I ran the first 3 in 16:00, then got on the bike, with a minor mishap out of transition, my toe on my shoe caught the ground and went flying, so I ran back with my bike to get my shoe and well that was a first. Then got on the bike and started hammering but my legs were not there, I was just flat and no juice. I went on to ride 37 something and then had built like a 3 min lead, so the second run I ran hard but was hurting, I just was really tired. I ran 17 min for the last 3 and ended up winning by 4 min. All in all it was a great day, especially considering the training I was doing leading up to the race. I run across people all the time who are involved in my life in some shape or fashion and am continually amazed at the support people give me to pursue these dreams. I am forever grateful for all those in my life who are and encouragement and an inspiration. This is a total team effort and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Well no race this weekend and then we will be off and running. Dream Big!!!! p.s. pic is from the race, I was running so fast I made the pic fuzzy!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

real funny Eric! (about the fuzzy shot).
Great job on the race! You are sooo fast. See you soon! I am doing a 100 mile mtn.bike race this Saturday, so I won't see you on Tuesday...tapering!
I will see you at your swim sessions next Monday!
Rach