Monday, February 23, 2009

Week one in Noosa!

Well the start of my new week has arrived. It was a long trip. It took me 34 hours from the time I left my door till the time I walked into my new living quarters for the next month. I am living with Hillary Biscay, Ironman Wisconsin Champion, and Doug Friman, who has raced ITU for the last ten years, competing for USA. We live in this two bed/two bath house, which is just a 7 min jog from the beach. The pool is about a 20 min bike ride to get there, and everything else we just walk out the door to do. Little strange for they drive on the wrong side, or I guess they think it’s the right side of the road. It’s a bit strange and if you're not careful you can easily get taken out by cars; funny how much you just take for granted walking across the street. Here in Noosa, this is a beach holiday spot for a lot of Australians, and a lot of surfers and backpackers seem to come here and do their thing as well. As for the training, well there are group swims and rides almost daily. A lot of long course athletes are training here, a few to name: Belinda Granger and her husband, Jeremy, Luke McKenzie, and then a few of the best short course athletes in the world: Greg and Laura Bennett, plus a host of foreign athletes, all wanting to come and train in paradise. Jet lag took its toll on me, haven’t been able to get a full night of sleep yet and on top of it was feeling a bit run down and got sick over the last 4 days which really drained me of my power. It will take a bit to get adjusted, but seem to be coming around. It's great to be around all these professionals and see the way they handle business; this sport is not for the weak and your mind plays so many tricks on you. It's really an amazing thing. I really look around and search in my life and there are so many people who are always there to help, I am so thankful, really. I nor anyone else in this sport can do it alone. There are those who pick me up, lend a hand, put a hand on me, talk with me, love me. To all of you, I will never be able to repay all for what you have given me. To all of you, I THANK YOU! What you give me is not taken for granted. I am so blessed to have this opportunity to come here and train, while many are laboring back home to help me put on this mile race I have dreamed about for so long. To all of you, Thank you! My 3 board members, guys I love you and this trip and my dream to be the best in the world would never be possible without you guys. You never really know what you got till you leave for a bit to see what it is you miss. My family, what a ride, mom, you’re the best healer ever and fan I love you. Well there will be more updates to come from Down Under. As they say Good day Mate. And this will never change, Dream Big!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this sunrise or sunset?

Logan Brummitt said...

Hey man, keep up the good work! Train hard, god bless!