Friday, February 13, 2009

Noosa!!!

Australia here I come! Well, there is a lot to do before Tuesday at 3:30, when I leave for a long 29 hour flight to get me to train with the best in the business of Triathlon. How did this all come about? I was supposed to train in Florida with my boy Scott, who got an invitation to train with Brett Sutton and team TBB, what an opportunity! So, my coach Brent Lorenzen and I had to come up with a plan. Do we go to Cali, Florida, or Australia? I never thought the last would be the place. He called Hilliary Biscay, Ironman Wisconsin winner, for she is there training with Belinda Granger, Luke McKenzie, Greg and Laura Bennett, and a host of others to see if there was room for me to come train, and within 24 hours there was a place to stay and the ticket was booked. This is going to be an amazing journey for the next 6 weeks! I will update as much as possible. My training will still be an intense focus on swimming and will start to add the running and biking into the mix. My first race looks to be the 2012 Talent ID race in Lubbock, Texas in April, with St. Anthony's to follow, but not before putting on the Dogwood mile in downtown Knoxville on April 24. Well, as I always say if you can't Dream Big what is the use in dreaming? This trip is proof, dreams come true, but you better get to living!!

1 comment:

Nemo said...

Yo Eric,

This is Josh Wheeler. Been following you on Twitter. Good luck downunder. Def jealous about you getting to train with TBB. You'll rock Talent 2012. Hey man, I lost your number but give me a buzz. I don't know how you are getting down to the Talent race but wasn't sure if you wouldn't want to split a hotel/car. I have collegiates that morning and will be flying into Lubbock Wednesday or Thursday before the race. If you ever want to come up and train at 'altitude' I am right up the road in Boone, NC. Hit me up when you get a chance at 423.718.7876 Thanks bro