Thursday, May 8, 2008

Coastal Alabama


So, this past Saturday I was racing in Gulf Shores, Alabama for the third race in as many weeks. It was supposed to be a 1000 meter swim, 19.5 mile bike and a 4.5 mile run. But because of the currents, they had to cancel the swim and replace it with a one mile run, much to the liking of yours truly. The race started, my coach Brent Lorenzen told me to "NO MATTER what, HAMMER the bike". After changing the seat position on my bike, I felt like I was dancing on the pedals. I ran the first mile in 5:22, averaged 25.8 mph on the bike, and then ended up running 24 minutes for the 4.5 mile run. I won the race by 4.5 minutes. After two second place finishes, I finally was able to win one. Now I have two weeks to train for Memphis in May and will spend the week in Destin training, thanks to Tucker and Joyce Montgomery (Larkin's parents) graciously letting me stay in their condo. Also I forgot to mention how much I appreciate my good friends Jared and Stephanie along with their son Caden, who made the journey with me to Gulf Shores to watch me race. I feel like I am living the dream and thanks to the people that support me, because I can't do this without the support. Good news on the sponsor front, BlueSeventy has contacted me and they want to sponsor me. Hope all is well with everybody and I will give a pre-race update before Memphis next week. Remember, Never Stop Believing... Dream Big

No comments: