Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The sun has set on 2009.



MIA, yes I know it has been awhile and I would tell you why but my excuses are just that and I don’t want to sit here and complain. So, I will do a little recap of the last few weeks.
Augusta 70.3, what a learning experience. Don’t go into a race with and injury that has kept you from doing what you do best, RUN. Had an ok swim, bad bike, and even worse run. Went 4:04 to finish 15th. You learn, live, and hopefully move on. Took me a while but trying to accomplish that.

Went to Kona to watch Don Bosch race and what a day/week it was. Love the islands, and the World Championships make it an even better place to be. Watching Don was unbelievable, and his story makes it even better. Racing an Ironman in your first season is crazy! Let alone losing 125 pounds in less than 18 months making it even better. The "pros" race was sick, and seeing Don finish was a blast. This must be on your "bucket list" to do or support one who does. Then, stick around from 10-midnight to see the place start rocking.

Came back from Kona hoping to race Longhorn 70.3 but it wasn’t in the cards. I have been battling an Achilles injury since July. So, I finally decided to put a bookend to this season which has been filled with a few ups and a lot more downs. I have been going through rehab, eating too much, and trying to figure a few things out. Not an easy process so trying not to enjoy more of the process but instead, having all the answers.

Just got home from Clearwater, were I go to witness my good friend Julie Dibens win the world title. An amazing and gritty performance!! Got to catch up with Guy, Luke, Morgan, Heather G, Mary Miller, Rinny, RJ, and Amanda all of who were not racing so, we were partying and having some fun. The racers Laura B, Greg B, and Joe G all had great races. Congrats to all of you!

Picked up my first sponsor of the new year with Sidi Bike Shoes…looking forward to this relationship. Thanks Sara!

Well the sun has set on my first pro season, ½ of a season really. Looking forward to healing up and moving on. Happy Holidays to all of you.

Thanks for the support this season. I could not have done this without you, for each of you play an important roll in my life.

Dream Big Always!

No comments: