Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Breathe In Breathe Out!



Well another birthday has passed; this one was the big 3-0. Fun workout: 100x100! Thanks to Hillary Biscay for the inspiration. It was a day of reflecting, hoping, dreaming, and being in the moment of where I am in life at this moment in time. And as Tim McGraw says, "the next 30 years will be the best years of my life!" I sure hope so. Who knows what is in store for me, holding on to hope I will live from my heart, never abandoning it and be true to myself always. I am blessed with so many people who love me and support me and I never go a day, sometimes even hours, without thinking of those who love me and support my dream. Words will never be enough to thank you!

I have been in Boulder for almost 3 weeks, which has been an adjustment, but it always is. Thanks to Amanda and Michael Lovato who have made the transition a bit easier. Also very thankful to Laurie for letting me crash on the couch. Training here has been great! The trails, the mountains, and being around some of the best in the world makes you want it more as well.

I went home to Tennessee to race the Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon. I saw one of my best friends, which is always such a treat! Thanks L. for everything. Then went to race venue, which is a right down on the waterfront in Chattanooga, beautiful area. Many friends came to watch: my mom and bro, the Lawlers, Paul, Michelle, and Lisa, all of whom I am grateful to for coming. It's always great to have some “fans” come. The race was a tough one, trying to focus and do what it is I do, can be challenging when life happens, but nonetheless I am proud of the way I raced that day. I was flat in the water, can’t afford to shut it down heading into a race especially in the water, but live and learn. Then, on the bike my legs came around after about 20 or so minutes. I had some great trianing rides with Amanda heading into the race and they will pay off later for sure. I was super happy with the way I ran. I felt really strong and tried to run down Tony White, but he was the better athlete that day. I also was honored to race Zach Winchester and Jason Schott; they both make me a better athlete. All in all it was a good day. Not sure where the next race is or when. This year has been a bit different for me. More of a transition year and that was my first pro race and so I am really trying to make the jump. It’s a big one but I hope that my training and the foundation that is being laid will be well worth it.

I'll be here in Boulder until my brother’s wedding at the end of the month. Congrats Mike and Whit! And as always till next time never stop Dreaming Big, It’s What I Do!

2 comments:

cyclegirlcanada said...

Glad to see you are posting on here more. Keep it up. You have more fans than you think. Keep following those dreams!

Slow Rider said...

cyclegirl make a great point. You inspire those around you. We need to hear about your training to keep us going.