Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Week 2 in Noosa

Well as I sit here, it was two weeks ago today that I got on a plane for 34 hours and the journey began. As my best friend Andrew Huck said, this is your walkabout, and you will be changed forever. That has happened. The days all seem to run together and I wake most mornings wondering how will I do it today? Well here is a Wednesday for you: 5:30 was ocean swim, this was lots of fun if only I could have run, did a track workout last night and my calves were shredded. So the running back and forth into the ocean swimming out to buoys and back was a bit more taxing than I thought it was going to be, but none the less it was a great workout and hurt a ton. Then home for a bite to eat before we had squad swim at 9:30. I went into this workout smashed and thought I would be lucky to finish, but I finished and actually had a great swim. One thing I am learning is just when my mind wants to give out my body somehow can keep going. Not sure I understand, but seems we let our minds limit us, one thing I will be working on for the rest of my life. So after swim (I have to ride my bike round trip 10 miles every time I swim) I came home, went to cafĂ© and had lunch as I tried to just relax and get in some air condition. I sweat all day and night for there is no ac and the weather has been brutally hot here of late. Then, I took a nap and got ready to head back to the pool for my last workout of the day, a 3k swim. Barely could get up and down the pool and finally loosened up as I kept trucking. Well that is my Wednesday, I have roughly 19 workouts throughout the week with the shortest one being a 45 min run twice a week. I don’t tell this to brag but to merely give you insight into my time here in Noosa. My confidence at many times has wavered and my ability to think clearly has done the same. I have questioned myself many times, this has not been easy for me. At times I have wanted to quit and just come home, but there is a voice inside that won’t let me quit for now I realize it takes so much more to get to the next level. I also have many people who believe in me, for then I ask myself, why can I not believe in myself? I am exposing myself in my blog in a way for the first time to share my journey for this is no holiday, and I would guess that there are dreams in each of us that are worth fighting for and hard as hell to work through and keep believing in even when it seems as though you just can go at it anymore. Well, as one of my favorite quotes says “When going through hell, keep going!” Lastly, as I sat and watched We Are Marshall the other night, I realized how hard it is build anything. They had to rise up from the ashes and when starting anything that is what we all have to do. The hard part is building the foundation and just getting started maybe the hardest part of all. But once you get started, you can and will rise up! As I always say don’t ever stop DREAMING and then get after it, RISE UP!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Love your insight-very powerful and from the heart. Keep on trucking.

Rachel said...

Awesome Eric! You can do it! You are awesome!
Good day mate!
Rach

Jennifer Harrison said...

Eric,
I am enjoying following your hard work over there. Keep up the good job! The SWIM will come!!!!

Slow Rider said...

Great post, thanks for exposing your human side. Can't wait to see your results this year!

Anonymous said...

Live tomorrow like an 11 month old: Run as if you have never run before (and always dreamed of running), swim as if you had floaties (and nothing bad could happen), bike as if you had training wheels (and two people there to catch you), and at the end of the session, vomit like nobody's watching; and Try all three again--- Never take for granted the abilities you have been given, as for one day we never had these, and one day we will lose these. Finally, DREAM as I do every night and every day, that tomorrow may be, THE DAY
Love, Lily